Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday! (the "weekend")

So today was my day off and I decided to play tourist. I took the N- train all the way to the ocean on the far side of San Francisco. I've never seen SF's beach so I thought today would be a good day for it.


The beach was wicked windy (as the Bostonians would say). Posted at the entraces of the beach were these signs and others that read; "dangerous surf". No kidding! It was like a storm coming in and so much sand was blowing that sitting to read a book was not an option.

While walking the beach I did find a few dead seagulls (not pictured) a dead crab (big), dead jellyfish (my bare feet avoided them) and some cool plants that had been blown out of where ever they were growing...also dead




Then I saw this cool metal-looking windmill and let myself get blown back in away from the sea... this windmill is apparently a San Francisco landmark (I have never heard of) that was "lovingly restored" back when Diane Feinstine was SF's mayor (something else I learned today)...


Then I just walked back half the distance of Golden Gate Park through parts I've never seen before... enjoyed new music on my ipod and about the time my sandals were making it a little too cold to be out in San Francisco I took the train back...







Good way to spend the day off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I especially like the nasturtium in the branches shot. Love ya, mom