Wednesday, October 3, 2007

service please...


I took myself out to breakfast today. As I was glancing over the menu I thought, "I could make most of this at home myself, why did I want to come here?". What's more is why haven't I felt like cooking anything in a month? Why is it I've been eating nothing but cereal at breakfast? As I sat there stirring cream into my coffee I realized that I've been spending way too much time catering to everyone else's needs. At work I'm making sure that twenty two people are dressed, pressed and polished for the stage. At home it's just me and the dog, since my roommate's out of town, and I'm busy making sure that he's fed and walked and happy. I think it's been too long since someone asked me what I need, so really just going to the cafe and having somebody check on me to ask if I had all the correct condiments or enough coffee was exactly what I needed. Someday I'll find a balance for all of this... I hope someday soon.

2 comments:

sharon said...

It sounds like you- the inside you-does know what you need and how to give it to you. It's not like you found yourself crying in the back room wondering what was happening and then realized that you needed to be taken care of- your inner animal took you to a place that you needed to be and then you identified what it was fullfilling... that sounds like some pretty high level functioning to me! I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

What you need is your DOD fixing breakfast for you for a few days. I wish I could.
Your mother and I did a streamer show for Temecula's Chaparrel High. It was fun, and good exersize.