Saturday, July 21, 2007

Boy Bands

Most people my age will hear "boy bands" and think; Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block, Boyz II Men, or InSynch (I think I misspelled that) and yea I do sorta. But today I uncovered a boy band that I remember with a little more fondness. Perhaps it was because I couldn't understand the lyrics. They may actually be just as dumb as those previously mentioned but I don't have to analyze the intelligence of the lyrics... all I have is the sound and the image. I remember sitting in the ISOMATA common room when it was suddenly invaded by Korean girls and the new video one of them had been sent from back home... I know you're thinking this is obvious, it's got to be Seo Taiji and Boys... of corse it is. It's the Korean super group that rapped their way into our hearts wearing ski gear and performing on a stage that seemed to always be a blaze with roman candles. Thanks to YouTube I can share Seo Taiji and Boys with the unfortunate ones who didn't have Korean class mates. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kelly Visel said...

The Cyprus Hill of boy bands.