Monday, February 28, 2011

Instinct.

 This is what a professional hunter looks like... sleek, tuned, successful...


This is what my dog looks like...

When he started pouncing on the hole like this I had to film it.  I know I've seen documentaries with foxes yipping just like this as well.  He actually takes large chunks of the hole and moves it away with his mouth.  Sometimes he will station himself with his nose in the hole, still as can be waiting for his prey to emerge.

There was no kill today but, shockingly, he has been successful with this technique before.

Ok... now I promise to hold off on the dog posts for a while. Thanks for indulging me.

1 comment:

Josh Tate said...

They came and hayed today
Leaving things naked and revealed
Now between the rows of hay
Foxes stalk the open field
Knowing there's easy prey
Where the mice are unconcealed