Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer in June!

One year I froze my butt off at Stensin Beach, another year I froze in Santa Cruz, there was one time I tried to plan a picnic by the lake and it was grey and cold all day.

I am a summer baby. All of my childhood birthdays were in the sunshine, with watermelon, rhubarb pie in the front yard, or by the pool, running around in short sleeves!

It makes me perpetually miffed that June 28th is usually bloody cold and grey in the bay area. Last year I ran away to Idyllwild for some guaranteed summer. This year it was summer. This year it was warm walking through the redwoods. I was quite happy that the weather colluded with the date this year.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Ain't it good when a plan comes together? Sorry there was no rhubarb pie for you this year. :( But redwoods days are good too! Mom