Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ganesha in San Francisco

I never thought I would see a twenty foot tall Ganesh sitting in front of Macy's, but apparently this is an annual thing


Macy's brought in all of these beautiful flowers and displayed them throughout the lower levels of the store. This floor is usually reserved for leather handbags, perfume and jewelry. Most of it smells of HEAVENLY azaleas and jasmine, in some places you smell the azaleas mixed with leather and Calvin Klein.

While I was meandering I overheard a woman with a distinctly Indian accent say "I guess this is how they say 'we like Indians'"

I think that the rotating elephants above the perfume counters were particularly ah... tasteful

I love these lanterns... when I get my castle these will be in my entryway.

The window displays were like something out of Huntington gardens... only behind glass, at Macy's... surreal.

1 comment:

Kelly Visel said...

Crazy, I never knew Ganesha had so much to do with shopping.